Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sophia


My children want a dog.
My husband wants a dog.
I don't want anymore responsibility
especially cleaning and toilet training.

My solution:  I will CONSIDER a dog after
we've had a dog in the house for two weeks
and the children have done all the work.

John and Demaree (who is the force behind this)
borrowed Sophia from church friends.
Everyone loves her.
Amelie adores having someone lower in rank than she is.
She yanks on Sophia's lease and says "do you want
to get run over in the street?"

 
 

This was my other motivation.
Charlie is TERRIFIED of dogs.
No, he has never had a bad experience.
It's completely irrational.
Somewhat annoying when you go to someone's
house who has a dog and he's crying in the car.

The first two days we had Sophia, he was in his room.
Then he pet her (while Mach and Dem held Sophia down).
Then he'd be in the same room with her.
Slowly, slowly, he's warmed up.
To this:




A miracle.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment